Monday, February 27, 2012

Shoes News





This is my 2nd time training for a marathon. My husband and I are training together and we typically do our "long" runs on Sundays. Yesterday came time for another 12 miler and as I laced up my beloved running shoes, I noticed a teensy hole in the toe. (GASP) Runners know that there's a certain relationship between the runner and the shoe; a partnership, an unspoken agreement that says, "I'll take care of you if you take care of me..." kind of thing. Sure, you choose a shoe that looks cool, a color that suits your fancy. But in the end, it's all about comfort. It's an investment of sorts because in the end, you are choosing an outward protection for the very vehicle that will take you to the finish line... so you don't mind spending the money. How, now that I've developed this relationship with these shoes that carried me through many many miles of training for my first marathon, and took me every single step, through blisters and blood, puddles, and mud, could I bare to "break in" another pair in this stage of training?? And then there's the feeling of betrayal.... as if I'd be cheating, somehow, on my lovely blue and white Asics Gel-Nimbus shoes if I cracked and bought a different pair. Crazy as it sounds, I do love these shoes. After careful deliberation, I've decided to remain true and see how big this hole can get as I pound out the miles toward my 2nd marathon. :)


~Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment